Phone Banking is a wonderful opportunity to spend a few hours in the company of like-minded neighbors and friends, while reaching out personally, by phone, to fellow citizens informing them about candidates running for office, or important issues before Congress.
If you’ve never participated in Phone Banking before, no worries! Your host will share simple, easy to follow phone scripts, along with tips and tricks on how it’s done. Once you’ve completed a few calls you’ll join the chorus of other first-timers who proclaim, “Wow, this is easy and fun, and I feel good because I’m participating in my democracy!”.
Below is a list of Phone Banks hosted by Indivisible MoCo members. These are fun, friendly gatherings where you will work with other local volunteers making coordinated phone calls.
- Tuesday September 19 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday September 26 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday October 3 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday October 10 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday October 17 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday October 24 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
- Tuesday October 31 6:30 - 9:30pm Bethesda
Phone 301-675-9166 -or- email Shabnamarora.firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details and to sign up for one or more sessions.
Join in the fun, and make a difference. Family and friends are welcome to join in too!
Indivisible MoCo partners with J Walkers and Do the Most Good for our Phone Banking.
If the dates listed above do not work for you, click here (be sure to scroll down to Phone Banking and Canvassing opportunities), to view additional date options.
Note: Since Virginia has elections in November of 2017, upcoming Phone Bank efforts will be in support of VA Democratic candidates. Helping out with Virginia elections benefits us in several ways:
- there are several "flippable" districts in Northern Virginia that can turned blue with a shift of only a few hundred votes in favor of the Democratic candidate.
- In many instances our region (MD, VA & DC) shares common transportation systems, waterways, and regional authorities so helping elect Democratic candidates throughout the region has a very direct impact on Maryland.
- Finally, working on behalf of Virginia candidates gives us direct, real-life, useful experience as we prepare for Maryland elections in the fall of 2018.
Watch this short and concise video on Why VA Matters!
For details on Phone Banking, how to go about it, and what it's like, click here.